Bhringraj or Eclipta alba is a weed plant from sunflower family that grows natively in India, Brazil, Thailand and China. The immense haircare benefits of Bhringraj has made it the king of hair herbs in India’s ancient Ayurveda. Also known as ‘Karisalankanni’, ‘Kehraj’, or ‘False Daisy’, Bhringraj is a potent herb that balances the overall health of hair. It not only stimulates hair growth but also slows down the ageing process of hair and prevents premature greying. The oil of Bhringa is the key ingredient for many Ayurvedic remedies. This oil is prepared by warming fresh or sun-dried leaves of Bhringaraj in a natural carrier oil like coconut or sesame oil. Bhringraj is best known for its restorative properties, and that’s why this is the all-in-one hair care remedy.
What’s good in Bhringraj?
- Stimulates hair growth: Bhringraj oil increases blood circulation in the scalp, reactivates the hybernated hair roots and significantly increases hair growth. In a 2018 scientific study, it was seen that bhringraj oil is more effective for hair fall problem than common topical baldness treatment minoxidil.
- Eradicates dryness: Bhringraj oil has impressive nourishing properties. Regular use of this oil cuts back on dry hair issues, hair breakage and frizziness. Many Ayurvedic recipes use bhringa oil with sesame, coconut or almond oil to strengthen the hair.
- Treats dandruff: Being a natural oil, Bhringraj oil penetrates the scalp tissues easily and provides quick action to itchy scalp problems. The anti-inflammatory property of this oil reduces dandruff, various fungal infections and heals scalp irritations.
- Rejuvenates the scalp & induces sleep: Massaging bhringraj oil is no doubt a relaxing experience. The inherent cooling property of bhringa oil soothes the scalp and provides much-needed relief from headaches. Overnight oiling treatment with bhringraj oil calms the body and induces deep sleep.
- Prevents premature greying: Regular massage of bhringraj oil on scalp and hair may prevent premature greying induced from a stressful lifestyle. Bhringraj oil helps in restoring and protecting the natural pigment of our hair called melanin.
Top 5 Hair Care Products with Bhringraj
Based on time-tested ayurvedic ingredients like bhringraj, amla, brahmi, mulethi, coconut oil, cow’s milk and goat’s milk, Biotique Bio Bhringraj Hair oil provides deep nourishment to the hair and scalp. It prevents hair loss, untimely greys, boosts growth and strengthens hair strands.
Khadi Natural Amla & Bhringraj Hair Cleanser is an expert remedy for all your hair issues including hair fall, dry hair, scalp inflammation and fragile hair. Natural extracts of amla, reetha, bhringraj, haritaki, aloe vera and neem cleanses the scalp, strengthens hair at roots, brings smoothness and promotes hair growth.
Fizzy Fern Bhringraj Neem Shikakai Hair Oil provides ultimate nourishment to your hair by providing a calming spa experience at the convenience of your own home. This oil softens, strengthens and nurtures your hair with potent herbs like bhringraj, amla and shikakai.
Enriched with 5000-years old ayurvedic recipe Bhringamalakadi Tailam, Lever Ayush Anti Hair Fall Natural Ayurvedic Bhringraj Shampoo promises lively strong hair. It promotes hair growth, provides nourished shine to your hair and takes care of all scalp issues like dandruff. This amla and bhringraj based shampoo makes hair thick and more manageable.
The 100% pure and natural formula of Oriental Botanics Bhringraj & Amla Oil For Hair alleviates the hair fall issue by restoring the natural texture of your hair. It contains hair growth-boosting herbs like amla and bhringraj. Neem and coconut oil add lustre and volume to limp and dull hair. If you are suffering from recurring dandruff or premature greying, then this is the oil you need in your life!