The much-anticipated Cannes is finally here and with it comes some spectacular red carpet appearances. The 72nd year lives up to its mark too as A list stars have put their best fashion and beauty foot forward. Here we have narrowed down some of the striking makeup looks and how to achieve them.
Elle Fanning, the member of the jury, reigned as a beauty queen this year. She slayed the red carpet each time with her different looks! During the screening of Les Miserables, the star opted for a dewy, fresh and youthful appearance. Her rose toned face and eye makeup gave us major summer vibes!
Steps to achieve it:
- Keep your base makeup clean and dewy and add a rose-toned blush over the apples of your cheeks.
- Highlight your cheekbones, bridge of the nose and inner corner of the eyes with a highlighter.
- Add a subtle hint of pink and brown on your eyes and line the upper lash line with a silver liner.
- Add a generous coat of mascara.
- Keep the eyebrows clean yet natural looking and not made up.
- And add a soft pink matte lipstick to compliment the entire look.
And that’s it! It is so easy to recreate and perfect for everyday wear!
View this post on Instagram
#SelenaGomez tonight in @louisvuitton & @bulgariofficial at the premiere of #TheDeadDontDie at Cannes Film Festivals ❤️💫⚡️✨. 👗 @kateyoung 💅🏻 @tombachik 💇 @marissa.marino 💄 @hungvanngo using @marcjacobsbeauty. Here is the products breakdown: Youthquake Hydra-full Retexturizing Gel Cream Shameless Foundation in “Y270” Accomplish Concealer & Touch Up stick in “Light 23” Accomplish Powder in “Siren 52” Omega Bronzer in “Tan-tastic” Air Blush in “Flesh & Fantasy” See-quins Glam Glitter in “Ice-Opal” Magic Marc’er Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in “Blacquer” Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara Lê Marc Lip Crème in “Oh! Miley”
Elegant as ever, Selena Gomez looked like a princess on her Cannes debut. Her classic red lips and winged eyeliner combination added to the glamour quotient.
Steps to achieve it:
- Keep the base makeup matte and flawless.
- Chisel your face by adding a subtle bronzer on the hollows of your cheekbones.
- Highlight the high points of your face, nose bridge, cupid’s bow, and above your brows to make your skin look glowing.
- For the eye makeup, choose soft brown hued eyeshadows with champagne shimmer on the eyelids.
- Draw a dramatic bold winged eyeliner on both your eyes and add mascara onto your upper and lower lashes.
- You can also add falsies if you prefer.
- Take your favourite red lipstick and apply it on your lips.
- This combination of winged liner and red lips is one of all time-favourites and can be carried easily during special occasions.
View this post on Instagram
And like THAT we’re back to work! But with this stunning woman it’s never feels like it ✨ @juliannemoore at opening night of the Cannes Film Festival. 👩🏻🦰 #marcusfrancis 💄 @kaymontano 👗 @lesliefremar X @dior X @chopard 💅🏼 @lucytuckernails • • • • #juliannemoore #cannes #cannes2019 #redcarpet #redcarperhair #glam #beauty #redhead #softwaves #flatironcurls #flatironwaves #hair #hairstylist #hairstyle
While Julianne Moore stunned everyone with her beautiful gown and elegant jewellery, it’s her makeup that stole the show. Soft, dewy and youthful, it’s a great look to team with our everyday outfits!
Step to achieve this look:
- Keep your base makeup dewy and natural looking.
- Add a hint of pink blush on your cheeks and cheekbones with a subtle highlighter.
- Create soft brown smoky eyes with loads of mascara.
- For the final touch, take a pink lip gloss that closely matches the natural colour of your lips to make them look like ‘your lips but better’.
This look will make you look so fresh and young just like Julianne and can be carried with elegance for almost any occasion!
Epitomising style and glamour, Deepika Padukone was on point when it came to her outfit and makeup. She took her look to the next level by bringing all the attention to her reverse winged eyeliner. This bold look was carried with élan!
Steps to achieve this look:
- Opt for a medium to full coverage foundation that gives a satin finish.
- Bronze your cheekbones, jawline and forehead to bring back the shadows on your face.
- Add a hint of coral blush on the apples of your cheeks and highlight your cheekbones.
- Contour your eyelids with a brown eyeshadow and create a soft smoky eye.
- Take a matte black eyeliner and start to draw a reverse winged eyeliner in your lower lash line.
- Shape the wing from the inner corner of your eyes as well and once you’re done, fill it in with the liner.
- Add decent coats of mascara on both your upper as well as lower lashes.
- Finish the look with a brownish pink nude lipstick.
Priyanka Chopra Jonas
We can’t stop obsessing over Priyanka Chopra who looked like a bronze goddess at Cannes! Never to shy away from bold beauty and experimental looks, this time around, she opted for a graphic eyeliner.
Steps to recreate this look:
- Keep your base makeup matte and define your cheeks with loads of bronzer.
- Take a beaming highlighter and highlight your cheekbones, temples, inner corner of the eyes and browbones.
- Use brown hued eyeshadows and create a smoky effect.
- Then draw a graphic open winged liner and coat your lashes with enough mascara.
- For the final touch, fill in your lips with a pinkish purple lipstick and you’re ready to rock the look.
Show off your skills and stun everyone with recreations from your favourite celebrities.
Article by – Shalini Shrivastava
0 comments on “The best beauty looks of Cannes and how to achieve them”