The pandemic has changed the world. And it has also changed beauty norms for many. Since people have spent most of their time indoors, they have drastically downscaled their beauty regime. This has brought about a whole new trend in the beauty and skincare industry, and it’s here to stay.
Introducing Skinimalism! Yes, it’s the buzzword around beauty town. It’s all over social media, and it’s taken the internet by storm. You’ve probably seen it and even tried it. Now it has a name – Skinimalism! It’s what Pinterest defines as the ‘new glow-up’ as per its 2021 Trend Predictions Report.
WHAT IS SKINIMALISM?
Simply speaking, Skinimalism is all about embracing your natural skin tone. This new trend encourages you to ditch your complicated, time-consuming skincare and makeup routines and adopt a simpler one, with minimal or no makeup. The best part is that it empowers you to be comfortable in your own skin instead of living up to unrealistic beauty standards. Skinimalism perfectly marries makeup and skincare, giving you the best of both worlds.
THE ‘LESS IS MORE’ APPROACH
Minimalism is truly defined by ‘less is more’. Skinimalism is just that. Keeping it simple is the latest mantra. Forget layering your face with product after product. Say goodbye to your laborious 10-step regime. It’s time to embrace a more natural, holistic kind of beauty, by doing your skin more good, with less.
HOW CAN YOU FOLLOW SKINIMALISM?
There are three ways to do that.
- You can either give your skincare and beauty routines a complete break for a few days or choose multipurpose products. You can also opt for the simple CTM routine (Cleansing-Toning-Moisturizing).
- Facial Yoga works wonders. It not only helps in strengthening your face muscles but also rejuvenates your skin and helps make it firmer.
- Choose DIY or homemade masks or scrubs and products with natural ingredients instead of chemical-loaded ones. Your skin will surely feel the difference.
Remember, there are many different approaches to Skinimalism. But it’s important to choose one that works best for you. Let’s put it this way. Skinimalism does not mean that dark eyeliners and glitter shadows are out of fashion. It only indicates that you are comfortable in your skin now and you choose to enhance it the way you want to instead of trying to overcompensate and be picture-perfect.
So as our ‘real skin’ weaves its way into our Instagram posts, it is a welcome attitude where the mood is slowly turning away from the ‘the flawless look’ and ‘retouched images’ to basking in the confidence of ‘real me’.
Skinimalism is a wake-up call reminding all of us to invest (or should we say, skinvest) the best in ourselves and embrace this sustainable beauty trend. Love your skin, take care of it. Remember, glowing, natural skin is always in!
Our product picks:
- Lakme gentle & soft deep pore cleanser
- Biotique face cleanser – Bio oriss root
- Cetaphil gentle foaming cleanser
- Kaya clinic purifying cleanser
- Mamaearth Vitamin C face toner with cucumber extracts
- The Face Shop mango seed moisturising toner
- Greenberry Organics green tea & tea tree toner
- Plum chamomile & white tea calming toner
- Lakme peach milk moisturiser
- Mamaearth oil-free moisturiser
- Sebamed moisturising cream
- Neutrogena oil-free moisturiser
0 comments on “SKINIMALISM – The biggest beauty trend of 2021”