Want fabulous skin? Then head to your kitchen. Not to grab a snack, but to grab a bunch full of healthy vegetables and fruits. You got that right. We’re talking about homemade fruits and vegetable fave masks.
Yes! It’s well-known that fruits and vegetables are rich in nutrients, vitamins, and all the other amazing benefits. We stress so much about making them part of our daily diet, so why not feed some of this goodness to our skin too, right? Besides, it is chemical-free, therapeutic, natural, and will not give you any reaction.
No fancy salons, no expensive skin treatments. Just some simple easy-peasy recipes, and cost-effective suggestions to turn your home into an at-home spa! So, saunter into your kitchen and you will find at least one fruit or vegetable, and let’s get ready to flaunt healthy, glowing skin.
1. Banana face pack
Bananas are the easiest fruits to find and perhaps always available at home. Packed with Potassium, Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, and other nutrients, this face mask keeps your skin looking fresh and young.
Apart from a high nutritional quotient, it also protects the skin from any sun damage and reduces the effects of pigmentation. It is ideal for dry and sensitive skin.
Just blend in a banana with a dollop of honey. Honey is a good moisturizer and keeps skin hydrated. You may add a teaspoon of lemon juice, which will help in brightening the skin. In case you have dry skin, avoid using lemon juice.
2. Tomato face pack
Known as a vegetable but in reality, is a fruit, tomatoes are yet another ingredient that is readily available. Tomato applied to the face is known to reduce pigmentation due to sun exposure and ageing. It is packed with Lycopene, Vitamins B, C, and E, and anti-oxidants. It also contains Lactic Acid that helps even out skin tone.
Blitz a tomato in a mixer and add one tablespoon of Oats to it. Oats act as an exfoliator and help get rid of dead skin. Mxx till you get an ideal consistency and apply to the skin. Rinse after 15 minutes and use twice for best results.
3. Cucumber face mask
If you think this is a recipe for a summer salad, it’s most definitely not. But it’s just as refreshing. Cucumber is popular for its therapeutic and cooling properties. As it contains more than 90% water, it hydrates your skin naturally. It brightens the face and delays the signs of ageing. What’s more, is that it calms sensitive skin.
Just chop and blitz a Cucumber and squeeze out the juice. Add a spoonful of Curd and mix well. Curd helps to tighten the pores and also moisturizes the skin. Rinse well after 10 minutes.
4. Mango face mask
Now, this is fun, you can have your mango and eat it too! Mangoes have anti-inflammatory properties that have a good effect on the skin. It also contains Vitamin A, C, and E, Beta-Carotene and Antioxidants that protect you from the sun and other environmental damage.
For natural shine and radiance, blend mango pieces in a mixture along with Oatmeal, so the pulp doesn’t trickle down. Oatmeal helps to thicken the mask so that it remains on the face, and acts as a natural exfoliator. Add some honey for the moisturizing effect and watch your skin transform.
5. Beetroot mask
Beetroots are loaded with Vitamin C, Iron, Potassium, Iron, and Magnesium. It is excellent for the skin as beetroots give a natural colour to your cheeks. It is known to reduce signs of ageing and pigmentation.
Peel and cut some beetroots and blitz them well. Add 2-3 drops of Coconut Oil and mix well. Coconut Oil helps to moisturize the skin. Leave it on your skin for 15 minutes and wash it off to reveal amazing results.
6. Papaya face mask
Papaya is a wonder fruit that is packed with the enzyme Papain and is also a rich source of Vitamin A, E and C. Papain reduces dark spots and blemishes and makes skin healthy. While the Vitamins brighten the skin, the Alpha Hydroxy Acids it contains help keep wrinkles at bay. Papain has exfoliating properties that remove dead skin cells and reduce acne. You can use it as an anti-ageing mask or simply for well-hydrated, nourished skin.
Mash a few pieces of papaya. Add a teaspoonful of milk and mix well. Milk acts as a toner and keeps skin soft and supple. Apply this mixture on your skin and rinse with lukewarm water after 15 minutes. Avoid using raw papaya as the enzyme Papain and Chymopapain can cause skin irritation.
Whether you opt for a vegetable mask or a fruit mask, you can add any of these ingredients to increase the benefit of the mask.
- Honey – It hydrates and nourishes the skin.
- Yoghurt/Dahi – Removes excessive oil, protects the skin from sun damage and smoothens skin.
- Lemon Juice – Reduces blemishes and fights acne. It also helps to control oiliness. Avoid lemon juice if you have dry skin.
- Milk – It is a great cleansing and moisturizing agent. It also improves the complexion tremendously. As it has Lactic Acid, it can dry up sensitive skin, so use it sparingly.
- Turmeric – It has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It also boosts collagen and gives skin a natural radiance.
- Oats – This acts as a natural exfoliant that sloughs off dead cells to reveal a wonderful glow.
Points to remember:
- If you are trying a particular face mask for the first time, then do a patch test. This is especially necessary if you have dry skin, sensitive skin, or are under any medical treatment.
- Avoid any mask or consult your dermatologist if you are under any skin treatment.
- Before applying any mask, clean your face thoroughly.
- Ensure that the vegetable or fruit blend the fruit is clean too.
- Do not refrigerate them.
- Some fruit pulps are fluid and could trickle down from your face. Add oatmeal or wheat flour to make it thick.
- If the fruits or vegetables are rotten, do not use them. Remember, what doesn’t go inside your body, shouldn’t go outside too.
We hope our super-simple face masks have motivated you to head to the kitchen and experiment. Choose what works for your skin, and never skip on your skincare routine. Treat it well and watch it glow. Remember, if you love the skin you’re in, it’ll love you back.
Need a mask beneficial for dark circles
Cucumber + Aloe gel + Oats. Sleep 7-9 hrs. Don’t use digital device 1 hour before sleeping
Super information so sweet of information thanks a lot
For signing skin a healthy water
Mix a pinch of termeric, a pinch of pink salt and one fourth tea spoon of honey mix in one glass water and have it four times in a day.
Very nice 👍🙂