Bring on the icy lemonades, the breezy shorts, the cool hats and the big, bog hammocks because summer’s here. It’s time for some fun in the sun, all while smelling great. You read that right. Although Indian summers can be relentless and can rob any fragrance in a jiffy, we have a couple of tips up our sleeve to help you choose what suits you best and max your fragrance.
After all, summer is all about making memories, capturing moments and making the most of this easy, breezy sunshiny season. So let’s capture these months with a scent, so every time you spritz this scent on, it’ll linger with delightful, summery memories.
Come on then, let’s get started.
Choose your notes
Summer is delightful and is abound with sunshine, warmth, freshness and an overall happy vibe. Look for uplifting notes that evoke these qualities of lightness and vibrancy. Citrus, floral, aquatic, and fruity notes are summertime favourites. Go for scents that are light and not overpowering.
- Citrus notes like Bergamot, Lemon, Or Grapefruit are absolutely refreshing
- Floral notes such as Jasmine, Rose, Or Lily Of The Valley are playful and feminine
- Fruity notes like Watermelon, Pineapple or Peach, exude a tropical vibe
- Aquatic or marine notes can evoke a sense of beachy, oceanic freshness
Summer is all about keeping it light. This is true for fragrances too. Opt for lighter formulations like Eau De Toilette or Cologne. These have a lower concentration of aromatic oils and are typically fresher, lighter, and more suitable for warmer weather.
Longevity and sillage
Summer is all about the beaches, cycling and holidaying. Considering a major chunk of summers will be spent outdoors, with the temperature only getting hotter, you may want a fragrance that lasts throughout the day without becoming too overpowering. Look for fragrances with moderate to good longevity and a balanced sillage.
Test and sample
Visit fragrance counters and test different scents on your skin and let it rest for a couple of minutes. Fragrances can smell different on each individual due to body chemistry, so it’s essential to try them on your skin to see how they react. Take note of how the scent evolves as the initial top notes may differ from the dry-down. If you enjoy the scent as it evolves, you’ve got your pick.
Know your preference
Choose a fragrance that aligns with your personal style, preferences, and the occasions you plan to wear it for. If you prefer light and breezy scents, choose citrusy fragrances. If floral is your thing, look for fragrances with prominent floral notes. If you’re looking for something unique, artisanal perfumes are the way to go.
Consider the occasion
Think about the different occasions you’ll be wearing the fragrance for. If you’re looking for a daytime scent, choose a light and fresh fragrance. For a day at the beach, an oceanic fragrance is lovely. For evening events, you could choose a more sophisticated and sensual scent. Consider the versatility of the fragrance and whether it matches your lifestyle and summer activities.
Now that you know the tricks to choose the right summer fragrance, we have for you our top summer picks we totally love.
1. If you’re looking for a burst of citrusy freshness, go for Yardley London Fine Fragrance Mist. A lovely combination of Magnolia and Grapefruit, this truly is that refreshing spritz of summer you need.
2. A name as refreshing as it smells, CFS 21 Club – Ice Water, is the perfect aqua fragrance that boasts of marine accords to give you that glorious feeling of a beach getaway.
3. Indulge in a juicy, succulent fragrance like Trance By Fastrack and savour summer in a scent that is truly you.
4. Enjoy a hint of lightness and airiness with PureSense Love British Rose Body Spray which boasts of a delicate floral scent leaving lingering memories of summer.
#5. If there’s a scent good enough to eat, it’s Plum BodyLovin’ Eau De Parfum – Vanilla Vibes. This gourmand scent is warm, inviting, cosy, delectable, decadent and encapsulates every shade of summer.
And that’s all we have. Everything you need to know about smelling great this summer. Many brands offer limited summer editions, so keep an eye out for these special releases that are inspired by the summertime vibe. Remember, selecting a fragrance is a personal choice, and what works for one person may not work for another. Take your time, experiment with different scents, and choose the fragrance that brings you joy and reflects your unique personality, all summer long.
0 comments on “How to pick the right fragrances for summer”