Enlarged pores are a concern for many. There are several factors that contribute to this, some of which are over cleansing, hormonal issues, side effects of products and genetics. While you cannot completely erase them, you can do certain things to minimise the appearance.
What to keep in mind when it comes to products:
Before buying your products, take heed of the below pointers…
Choose products wisely
Just because something works for your friend, doesn’t mean that it shall work on you. You need to find a product that is made for your skin type. Brands are flooded with options that cater to specific skin types namely oily, dry, combination and normal. Go for natural and organic products as they are gentle on the skin and usually don’t have side effects.
Say yes to non-comedogenic products
When you are certain that you want to purchase a product that is apt for your skin type, look for the word ‘non-comedogenic’. What the word means is that it won’t clog the pores of the skin making it easier for the skin to breathe.
Say no to alcohol-based products
Some of the products might have alcohol content in them. Alcohol strips the skin’s oil, making it produce more oil than what is usually required. To combat this, read the labels carefully before purchasing.
Tricks that work:
Below are some of the things that you can try for an enhanced skin…
- Clay masks: Clay masks are an excellent solution as clay soaks up the excess oil and diminishes the appearance of enlarged pores. Use twice a week regularly to see quick results.
- Calamine lotion: This magical lotion soothes the skin and dries up any excess oil. Before sleeping, apply on to the area where you have open pores. Regular usage will help in reducing large pores.
- The ice fix: Rubbing ice cubes will tighten the skin and make it smoother. Avoid direct contact with the skin, use ice covered with a muslin cloth instead. Once it dries, you can start doing your makeup.
- Multani mitti face mask: Multani mitti will tighten your skin and remove the excess oil. To make it at home, add 1 teaspoon of raw milk into 2 teaspoons of multani mitti. Mix it until you achieve a smooth paste and apply it to the desired or whole area.
- Besan face pack: Besan face packs help too. To make one, simply mix 2 spoons of besan, one spoon of honey and few drops of lemon. This is a very effective pack that will take care of the enlarged pores.
These tips shall help you achieve that lovely skin which you always wished for!
Click here to know about makeup tricks to conceal your pores.
0 comments on “Hacks to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores”