Editorial credit: / Shutterstock.com
As we move forward into a new month and soon to a new year, let’s take note of what transpired in the makeup world. Some looks are trend-based where others are timeless ones that can be carried way into 2020. Here is a peek into what we loved the most…
Clean look with a flawless makeup
This classic flawless look sported by Natalia Dyer can seamlessly fit into several occasions (think cocktail party or office event). A hint of shimmer on the entire makeup base gives a runway like radiant appearance even on an ordinary day.
How to achieve it:
- Step 1: Before beginning, ensure that you follow the cleansing, toning and moisturising routine.
- Step 2: Apply a primer all over the face as it will plump the skin and ready it for the makeup products. We suggest that you go for an illuminating primer for added benefits.
- Step 3: If you are looking for a flawless finish, colour correctors (such as a peach one for dark circles and blemishes) and concealers play an important role before the foundation is applied. This step enables an even application.
- Step 4: Choose a foundation that is closest to your skin colour. Use the necessary foundation application tools for a clean and flawless application.
- Step 5: Top your makeup with loose setting powder, concentrating on the areas where skin tends to get oily. Fret not as even after using so many products, your skin would just look natural and spotless.
- Step 6: Adorn your lips with a soft moisturising matte lipstick in toned down earthy colour.
- Step 7: Lastly, accentuate your eyes with some quick swipes of mascara.
Glittery eyes, exaggerated lashes and juicy lips
Let the eyes do the talking with this dazzling shimmer eye makeup like Ananya Pandey. It’s perfect for the wedding and party season.
How to achieve this look:
- Step 1: Start with prepping up your skin with a primer.
- Step 2: Apply a lightweight foundation that best suits your tone. You can even opt for a tinted BB cream if you do not wish to go too heavy on the base.
- Step 3: Heavy shimmery and glittery eye shadows are the secret to this look. Dab eye shadows above the eyelids and smudge around until the brow-bone. Apply more to deepen the shade.
- Step 4: The curled up lashes here appear super thick and well organized. So, exaggerate the lashes with a heavy application of mascara.
- Step 5: For the lips, opt for a good glossy lipstick that will add to the oomph factor.
- Step 6: Lastly finish off with a bronzer and highlighter for that sculpted look.
Beach waves and glossy peach lips
Sara Ali Khan’s looks from the 5th day of India Couture Week 2019 celebrates the extravagance of colours. Team it up with a lioness wavy hair and you are all set to go!
To achieve this look:
- Step 1: Start by cleansing your skin well and applying a moisturiser that is apt for your skin type.
- Step 2: Post which you can use a primer to hold the entire makeup in place.
- Step 3: Follow that with your usual foundation and concealer routine.
- Step 4: Groom your brows properly for it to stay in place and to hold on to the arch shape. The shaded brow powder deepens the thickness and look of the brows.
- Step 5: After working with these entire products, apply a mild eye makeup that involves smoky touch of gold and black eye shadows.
- Step 6: Glossy peachy lips and glowing peach cheeks will finish the look seamlessly.
Frosty Shimmery Metallic Makeup
The glamorous jewel tone or the metallic finish in the entire look of makeup is a great idea to flaunt this wedding season. After all, any look sported by MAC cosmetics is a stamp of approval.
To achieve this look:
- Step 1: Add multipurpose shimmer pigments along with base makeup products to get the metallic shine all over.
- Step 2: For the eyes, dab on silver or bronze pigment. Follow that with a smudged kajal and mascara.
- Step 3: For the lips, use frosty lipstick in your favourite shade and top it with shimmery gloss. Apply a tiny bit of shimmer at the centre of the lips and spread around like an ombre effect with the shimmers.
Burnt orange eyeshadow
Take to Margot Robbie’s old-styled glamorous look with a modern twist. The wash of burnt orange eyeshadow included in her red carpet makeup look for the premiere of ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ movie was the one that will make rounds for some time now.
To achieve this look:
- Step 1: Apply the base makeup aptly with a slightly supple and moisturised finish.
- Step 2: Groom your eyebrows well with an eyebrow pencil and brush.
- Step 3: Now dab on the lovely colour of burnt orange eyeshadow.
- Step 4: Match your lipstick colour with the same.
So, go ahead and try the look that resonates the most with you.
-By Shalini Srivastava