Hair tresses have always been the direct expression of an individual’s style and personality. So, there is no denying that nobody wants to lose their hair or go bald! Excessive hair loss can be a troublesome issue and often causes worry thereby affecting one’s self-esteem. However, if diagnosed the right way, you can control hair fall with natural remedies which are surely effective in saving your locks.
Common causes of hair fall
1. Nutritional deficiencies
It could be possible that you are missing out on essential nutrients like iron, zinc, copper, and protein in your diet. These deficiencies, including a lack of Vitamin D, affect your hair and ultimately lead to hair loss.
2. Hormonal imbalance
A change in your hormones means a change in the entire body. Pregnant women, people entering puberty, suffering from thyroid, undergoing menopause, or taking birth control pills are very likely to experience hair fall.
Did you know that extreme stress and lack of sleep can cause hair loss that may last for months? So, it’s high time you stop compromising on your health to reduce the chances of experiencing hair loss.
The excessive pollution emitted from vehicles and industries is another reason why the quality and quantity of your hair are compromised at times. Long exposure to such an environment badly damages the hair.
5. Hairstyling products
Over-treated hair can also lead to hair fall due to the toxic chemicals found in styling products. Moreover, tight hairstyles like cornrows or high ponytails can also lead to hair loss.
There is a possibility of experiencing hair fall or baldness if any of your elders have a similar history.
7. Diseases and medicines
Certain diseases like cancer, arthritis, thyroid, or heart problems can lead to hair loss. Moreover, medicines like birth control pills, antidepressants, mood stabilizers, etc. can also be the root cause of the same.
Natural remedies to reduce hair fall
1. Egg mask
Eggs are rich in protein, sulfur, zinc, and phosphorus, so they are an excellent remedy for hair fall issues. They promote hair growth, prevent split ends, and strengthen the hair strands.
- Mix an egg with a teaspoon of olive oil and honey.
- Apply the paste from roots to tips with the help of a brush.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo after 25 minutes.
Frequency – once a week
2. Coconut spa to stop hair fall
Coconut oil has been the inevitable solution for hair fall for ages. The fatty acids present in the same promote hair growth and strengthen hair roots.
- Warm 2-3 teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Apply it to your scalp and massage it gently.
- Leave it overnight or for 20 minutes during the day.
- Wash it off the next morning or the same day with a mild shampoo.
Frequency – Twice a week
3. Amla and lime juice hair pack
The Indian Gooseberry or Amla not only strengthens your hair but also protects it from premature greying. This herbal wonder is rich in Vitamin C and promotes hair growth.
- Mix a few drops of lime juice with a teaspoon of amla powder to form a thick paste.
- Apply it on the scalp and leave it for 40 minutes.
- Wash it off with a mild cleanser.
Frequency – Twice a week
4. Methi hair mask to reduce hair fall
Fenugreek or methi also repairs damaged hair follicles and promotes healthy hair growth. It is rich in high proteins that provide natural nourishment to your hair and give it a voluminous bounce.
- Soak two teaspoons of methi seeds overnight.
- Later, grind them into a paste and apply it to your scalp.
- Leave it for an hour, and then wash it off with cold water.
Frequency – once a week.
5. Green tea cleanser to stop hair fall
Green tea is your one-stop solution for everything. Apart from reducing body fat and calming your nerves, it acts as an excellent natural remedy to stop hair fall.
- Soak one or two tea bags in a cup of hot water and cover its lid.
- Let the tea seep into the water for around 5 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool, and then pour it over your hair and scalp.
- Keep massaging the roots gently.
- Leave it for an hour, and then rinse off with water.
Frequency – twice a week
You may also like:
Article by Swetlana Neog