- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves- 6-7 pcs
For outer covering
- Rice Flour: 1 cup
- Oil: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 pinch
- Water: 2 cups
- Coconut: 1 cup grated
- Jaggery: ¾ cup
- Jackfruit (ripe): ½ cup
- Cardamom powder: 1 pinch
- Ghee: 1 tsp
- Take a pan and melt some ghee in it. Now add the chopped jackfruit pieces and allow them to cook for some time.
- Now add the jaggery in grated form, and allow it to melt. Add the coconut and stir well. Add a pinch of cardamom powder. Cool and set aside.
- To make the outer covering, dry roast the rice flour until it is nice and fragrant. In another pan, boil the 2 cups of water, add to it some oil and salt.
- Once boiled, add the roasted rice flour and mix gently. Make a soft dough, while the mixture is still warm.
- In order to make the stuffing, take cleaned banana leaves and grease them with ghee. Now gently place a small ball of the rice dough and gently flatten it to make a roti-like shape.
- Add the coconut and jackfruit stuffing on one half of the rice, cover and gently fold the other half over it. Press the edges to seal it properly.
- Repeat for all rice covers.
- To steam the rice parcels, boil some water in a steamer. Add the banana leaves with rice parcels on them.
- Steam for about 3-4 minutes. Serve warm as a dessert.