It’s time for the festivities and while these revelries bring in love and light, they also bring with them a companion – winter. While the season of cosy may be perfect for sipping hot chocolate on your sofa, what’s not perfect is dry and flaky skin. The kind that feels tight when you smile and give you those nasty white lines when you scratch your dry, itchy skin.
Sounds familiar? Well, now let’s put an end to dryness with our ‘hot’ picks that you absolutely must have this brrrr season.
First, let’s begin with the million-dollar question.
What causes dry skin?
- Weather plays a huge part in making your skin drier. In winter, humidity is low and this can strip your skin of moisture, making it dry and flaky. Age is yet another cause. As you age, skin changes naturally. The sebum-producing glands tend to dry out making the skin drier and thinner.
- Soaps and detergents with a high chemical content can zap your skin of its oil making it dry and lifeless.
- Just like cold, heat too can dry out skin, especially long hot showers.
- The place you live also affects your skin. If you live in a region that’s too hot or too cold, it can affect your skin.
- Dry skin can also be genetic. It could’ve been passed down from your family.
- Skin conditions like psoriasis or eczema can also dry out your skin. In such a case, it is wise to consult a dermatologist.
Now that you know the causes, here’s a handy guide to spotting the signs of dry skin.
- Itchy skin
- Skin feels rough
- Flaky skin that tends to peel
- Skin feels tight
If you’ve nodded your head at almost every symptom, it’s time to tend to it asap. The easiest way to heal your dry is by keeping it hydrated. So, here’s a list of must-haves you can begin with.
It is infused with the power of Almond Oil that deeply nourishes the skin and protects it from winter dryness for up to 48 hours! And its rich creamy formula is suitable for all skin types. Go, flaunt your super awesome.
Hands, lips, heels, skin – this is for everything. The timeless reliable classic, this is triple purified to retain moisture and give you supple skin. A true all-rounder, this works wonders for cracked skin or dry skin during harsh winters. This versatile product can be applied to your body and the best part is that it does not clog the pores. Dermatologist-tested, this is one wonder product with many benefits.
Feel comfortable in your own skin with this. Rich in Glycerin, Avocado Oil, and Vitamin E, its only aim is to soothe your dry skin. And if you have dry skin, even more reason to try this. It is non-greasy, non-irritating, does not clog the pores and loves your skin as much as you do.
Parched skin this winter? Give it a boost of intense hydration. Better still, give it a boost of coffee hydration. This indulgent lotion is enriched with the natural goodness of coffee and cocoa that nourishes, moisturizes and smells absolutely delicious. It also contains the richness of Shea Butter and Olive Oil and yet, it is lightweight and non-greasy. The best part is that this lotion is free of parabens, silicones, sulfates, phthalates, and any artificial colours.
This deep-moisturizing formula is fortified with Shea Butter, Sandalwood Extracts and other natural antioxidants to nourish the skin. This body lotion replenishes lost moisture to give you soft and healthy skin. The essential nutrients not only just make the skin supple but also improve the texture and tone of the skin.
Give a hydrating hello to your skin. Infused with Honey and Almonds, this body lotion is just what your dry skin needs. Packed with Almond Oil, Honey, and Vitamin E, this lotion provides deep nourishment and moisturization and keeps it looking healthy and glowing naturally. The great news it also reduces fine lines and wrinkles and improves the firmness and elasticity of the skin. Get skin glowing with health and vitality.
Apart from this amazing list, here are a few things you can try to combat dry skin.
- Keep yourself hydrated and drink lots of water. When your body lacks water, it starts to show on your skin in terms of dryness.
- If you cannot avoid using harsh detergents or cleaning detergents loaded with chemicals, do wear gloves. But it is best to keep away from these.
- Keep your intense hydrating body lotion stashed in your shower. Apply the lotion on the damp skin to trap moisture and keep your skin looking great for a long time.
- Another way to keep dry skin is to avoid very hot or very cold showers. Always use lukewarm water.
- Add a little oil to your bathwater to keep your skin hydrated and moisturized.
- Harsh sunrays can damage the skin further, drying it out even more. Don’t forget to apply sunscreen when you step out.
So that sums up our take on dry skin. We hope our recommendations will help you keep dryness at bay and get the skin of your dreams. All it takes is regularity and commitment and we’re sure you’ll be blessed with happy skin for a happier you.
You may also like: