With summer in full swing, we can’t stop complaining about the hot weather. But there’s one thing that most of us love this time around and that is mangoes! Yes, we wait throughout the year just to dig into these succulent wonders. But did you know apart from being highly palatable, these delights are also good for the skin when applied topically? Here are some of the natural home remedies that you can include in your skincare routine to give your skin an extra boost.
Softer and smoother skin
Super packed with nutrients, mango helps you get that baby soft and supple skin.
- Mash a slice of mango and add to it 1 tablespoon each of milk and honey.
- Mix the ingredients well until a smooth paste is obtained.
- Apply this mixture on the face or on the dry patchy areas.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse it off with water.
This natural cleanser is effective to cleanse your skin gently yet effectively. Being anti-inflammatory in nature, it can also treat and soothes sunburns.
- Take 1 tablespoon each of wheat flour and mango pulp.
- Add 1 teaspoon each of honey and milk.
- Mix all the ingredients together until a thick paste is obtained.
- Massage on your face and neck in circular motions.
- You can also use this paste to cleanse your body.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
Scrubbing this mixture regularly will help in removing the dead skin cells and blackheads from your face. It will also make your skin glowing and radiant.
- Take half a mango, 1 tablespoon honey, a bit of salt and half tablespoon milk. You can also opt for milk powder as an alternative.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Take some amount and gently massage the mixture on your face that is prone to blackheads.
- Scrub your face in gentle and circular motions and rinse your face with lukewarm water.
This time around, you can’t help but get a tan if have gone for a vacation or travel in the sun for a long time. Gram flour or besan has excellent exfoliating properties and aids in removing skin tanning. Yoghurt teamed with mango helps to lighten the blemishes and tan and brightening your skin whereas honey soothes your skin. Use this scrub 2 to 3 times a week and you’ll notice a difference!
- Take 3 to 4 tablespoons of mango pulp.
- Add to it 2 tablespoons of gram flour or besan and 1 teaspoon each of yoghurt and honey.
- In a bowl, mix all these ingredients well until a thick paste is obtained.
- Apply it all over your face and neck.
- Let it dry and then rinse it off with cold water.
This scrub makes for an excellent exfoliator and leaves your skin feeling soft, smooth and glowing.
- Take 1 tablespoon each of mango pulp, powdered oats and milk.
- To it, add 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Mix the ingredients well till a paste is obtained.
- Apply the paste on your face and let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with cool water.
- Massage your face in circular motions while rinsing.
- This will help in getting rid of all the dead skin cells.
Mango helps to prevent many diseases (be it internal or external) by fighting against bacteria and viruses. Using mango water as an astringent helps in treating even severe acne and clears out your skin.
- Take a raw mango and put it in a vessel.
- Add enough water to boil the mango.
- Start to boil the mango until its size reduces almost half.
- You can use it as an astringent and apply it wherever you have acne.
- Use this daily after you cleanse your skin and you’ll notice a reduction in pimples.
Do try them out since your skin loves mangoes as much as you do!