Is coffee your go-to morning energiser? Can’t do without your daily cocoa fix? Well, then we have great news. These delicious ingredients don’t just perk you up; they perk up your skin too.
Surprising, isn’t it? But it’s true. The sweet combination of coffee and cocoa is fast becoming the most popular choice in beauty products. That’s because when these two power-packed components come together, you get a product like no other. And of course, it serves as a delightful treat for your skin too. Now, who can resist that, right?
But if you think this is a reason for celebration, there’s more. Let’s take a quick look and see how these delectable ingredients are making their way into your skincare products.
- Coffee is an antioxidant powerhouse. Research reveals that coffee extracts preserve skin cells. Given the highly polluted environment we live in, this elixir pounds out the harmful free radicals and protects your skin.
- Coffee works wonders in reducing cellulite. It contains caffeine that dehydrates fatty cells which causes the cellulite to appear less visible.
- It is your skin’s saviour against damaging UV rays. Besides revitalising skin’s natural immunity, caffeine obstructs harmful damage to our DNA thus, preventing skin cancer and other such skin ailments. If you are not in the habit of wearing sunscreen, coffee-infused products will work wonders.
- Coffee promotes blood circulation. Just like how a cuppa in the morning can prep you for the day, this is an instant wake-me-up for your skin too. Its invigorating properties make sure your complexion is bright and happy.
- Coffee has inherent components that help shrink blood vessels and decrease puffiness around the eyes.
- It makes an excellent exfoliator by removing the dull, dead skin on the surface leaving you with an incredibly smooth skin texture.
So there! If you thought coffee was a miracle worker, wait till you hear about cocoa, which is fast gaining ground in becoming a favourite. Here’s why. The list of benefits is astonishing.
- Just like coffee, cocoa is a powerful antioxidant. It helps restrict the production of damaging free radicals, thus making your skin look as healthy as ever!
- Cocoa helps delay the signs of ageing by boosting skin regeneration and preventing blemishes, dark spots, wrinkles, and pigmentation.
- Cocoa has a good amount of magnesium, vitamin C and vitamin E that boost the production of collagen and keep your skin glowing. It is also packed with omega-6 fatty acids that work wonders in healing skin cells.
- It helps immensely in fading scars and marks, especially stretch marks in women during pregnancy.
- Cocoa is perfect for sensitive skin. This extremely gentle ingredient has anti-inflammatory properties that help calm irritated skin.
- It also has the divine potential to detoxify. It gently removes dead skin cells and lets a glowing complexion shine through.
If reading this has made you drool, then go treat yourself with a coffee-cocoa loaded brew. And while you’re at it, pamper your skin too with this delightful DIY recipe.
Coffee-Cocoa Face Scrub
You will need:
Coffee powder – 1 tbsp
Cocoa powder – 1 tbsp
Honey – 1 tbsp
Curd or Milk – 2 tbsp
- Mix all the above ingredients.
- Gently massage the mixture on your face.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- Flaunt your incredibly healthy and nourished skin.
This is proof enough that coffee and cocoa are more than just desserts. These super-powerful ingredients will ensure your skin is always energised and ready to take on anything. So, all you coffee lovers out there, spill the beans and spread the good word, cocoa lovers can enjoy this calorie-free treat. And if you love both, you’ve hit jackpot!
Article by Nachiketa Anand