The entire world is still fighting against the deadly COVID-19 pandemic that has taken a toll on millions of lives. Amidst all of this, remaining healthy has become our topmost priority. Numerous foods and beverages help us remain immune to diseases. Today, we will focus on one of these immunity boosters which is Kahwa.
What is Kahwa?
Kahwa is a Kashmiri tea that is prepared with several whole spices like saffron, cardamom, and cinnamon. As the name suggests, it belongs to Kashmiri cuisine and is usually consumed during winters. However, it can be as good for you in summers as it is in the cold season. This spice-laden Indian tea is known by various names like pink tea, gulabi chai, or noon chai. Unlike other beverages, it has got a rosy texture and is often served with garnished dry fruits and rose petals. These rounded flavours give a soft and subtle appearance to the tea. The Kashmiri kahwa is very similar to green tea and is known to have numerous health benefits. The best part about this beverage is that you can easily prepare it at home. It is usually served hot and without sugar.
Types of Kahwa
Kashmiri kahwa green tea
It includes sweet spices that are blended with green tea leaves. Replace it with your regular cup of strong tea or coffee and indulge in some warmth like never before!
Loose-leaf green tea
This flavoursome delight includes an infusion of nuts, dried fruits, and other warm spices.
Whole leaf green tea
If you are looking for a hot and refreshing drink, then this beverage is the perfect match for you. It is blended with exotic Indian spices to give you that unmissable aroma and flavour.
Health benefits of Kahwa
1. The spices present in the beverage keep away seasonal infections and help build your immunity.
2. Just like green tea, kahwa burns fats quickly and aids in weight loss.
3. Kahwa improves the digestion process and curbs issues like constipation and acidity.
4. The beverage gives a natural glow to your skin. It is also good for your hair and helps keep it healthy.
5. It increases your metabolism rate and acts as an energy booster for your body.
6. Kahwa is one of the best natural remedies for cough and cold. It keeps you warm from the inside.
7. This beverage is also a stress buster as it helps calm down anxiety.
8. One cup of Kahwa tea is enough to help you get rid of your sleepless nights.
Looking for more immunity-boosting foods? Then click here and enhance your knowledge of some of the best edibles.
Article by Swetlana Neog
You may also like: