A native to India, the neem tree has 130 powerful therapeutic compounds which promote healthy living. Known as ‘Azadirachta Indica’ this is nature’s gift to humankind as all its leaves, seeds, barks, and roots contain medicinal compounds.
So, without further ado, let’s get to understand some important facts about neem.
- A powerhouse of medicinal properties, neem is rich in calcium and essential minerals which give us strong bones. Traditionally, neem oil is often used to promote bone health, relieve arthritic pain or stiffness that comes with age.
- It is a strong antioxidant that protects you from harmful UV rays and environmental pollution.
- Did you know what neem also has anti-aging properties? The vitamins and fatty acids present in it reduce wrinkles while giving a glow to your skin.
- Its anti-fungal, anti-microbial, and anti-bacterial properties safeguard the skin from diseases.
- It also treats fungal infection of the foot and reduces inflammation.
- With the monsoons looming large, malaria, dengue, and such menaces are round the corner. You can use neem leaves or oil to repel insects instantly.
- Its active properties work to promote oral health and fresh breath.
- It has cosmetic uses and gives us strong and shiny hair.
- Neem also helps combat acne, zits, or pimples.
- The highlight of this wonder plant is immunity. Regular consumption of neem makes you strong thereby reducing your chances of falling ill during the pandemic.
Let’s get to know more about some neem-based products:
Madilu Neem Powder
This neem powder helps reduce skin problems like dark spots and pigmentation. Neem also plays a very important role in treating dandruff and itchy scalp. It reduces hair fall and helps stimulate hair growth and if you apply it on a regular basis. This product is packed with natural goodness and can be used to make various homemade packs for the hair and face. Also, here’s your link to the product.
Nectar Valley Neem Leaf Powder
Bionova Nectar is 100% pure and natural. It is a smooth & fine powder that is double filtered. It is ideal for making your own toothpaste, face packs, hair packs. Add a pinch of this powder to your herbal tea and you are good to go! Here’s your link to the product.
Mamaearth Neem Face Mask
Neem Face Mask by Mamaearth helps in reducing the occurrence of pimples, acne & zits on your face. Neem oil is known for its anti-bacterial properties, and it helps in keeping the skin bright, clean, and healthy. Dermatologically tested, this mask does not contain any harmful chemicals. Here’s your link to the product.
Also, check out this link for some amazing DIY neem face packs.
You may also like: