With Easter fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking about the perfect dishes to serve at your holiday celebration. Whether you’re hosting a family lunch or a more formal dinner, it’s important to have a variety of dishes that appeal to everyone’s taste buds. To help you with your Easter menu planning, we’ve put together a collection of four delicious recipes that are sure to impress your guests.
These recipes range from sweet to savoury and are easy to make, using butter to make them extra special. So, without further ado, let’s dive into these mouth-watering Easter recipes.
Cupcake Easter Baskets
made with fresho! premium unsalted butter
- ½ cup unsalted softened butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Orange zest
- ¾ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ tablespoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- ¾ cup unsalted softened butter
- 150 gm cream cheese
- 3 spoons of castor sugar
- Vanilla essence
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Chocolate egg candy
- Mix the egg along with butter and sugar and beat using a blender. Try to beat until the mix is soft and fluffy for the best results.
- Now in another bowl, mix the dry ingredients like flour, baking powder, baking powder, baking soda, and the orange zest.
- Now gently incorporate the dry ingredients into the egg and butter mixture to make a smooth and creamy mixture. Make use of buttermilk to ensure the mix is not very thick. Look for a ribbon-like consistency in the cake mix.
- Once the mixture is ready, use a muffin mould tray grease it with butter, and dust it lightly with flour. Add the cake mix to each cavity on the mould.
- Now, put the muffin tray in a preheated oven at 180’C for about 20-25mins. You can simply prick a muffin with a toothpick; if the stick comes out dry, it means the cupcakes are cooked. Allow them to cool.
- Beat the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla essence into a smooth, fluffy mix for the frosting. Add the castor sugar.
- Now gently cover the cupcake tops with the frosting. You can add food colour to make the cupcakes look attractive. Now Sprinkle some grated coconut for an added effect.
- Use fondant to create a basket handle-like effect and decorate with Easter candies.
Sticky Toffee Banana Bread
made with fresho! Organic Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup unsalted softened organic butter
- ¾ cup Castor sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup Plain Yogurt
- 200 gm All-Purpose Flour
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 6-8 pitted dates chopped
- ½ cup walnuts
For Toffee Sauce:
- Blend the butter with castor sugar and brown sugar using an electric whisk. Whisk until the mixture turns soft, light, and fluffy.
- Take another bowl and whisk eggs along with mashed bananas and plain yoghurt. Now simply add this mixture to the butter mix and gently make a smooth mixture.
- Fold it in the flour and baking powder; once mixed smoothly, the next step is to add the walnuts and the dates.
- Take a baking mould and grease it using butter and dust the same with some flour. Add the cake mix into the baking mould.
- Preheat the oven to 180’C and add the cake mould to it. Bake for around 1 hour-1 hour 15 mins. Finally, insert a toothpick into the cake; if the stick comes out dry, it means the cake has been cooked thoroughly. Allow the cake to cool naturally at room temperature.
- To make the toffee sauce use a heavy pan; add the brown sugar on high flame until it melts and turns liquid brown. Reduce the flame and slowly whisk in butter and stir gently. Now add some fresh cream to the mix. Heat it until it bubbles and is smooth and shiny. Transfer into another bowl and allow the toffee sauce to cool down at room temperature.
- Once cooled, pour the toffee sauce over the cake and garnish with sea salt flakes and walnuts.
made with fresho! premium salted butter
Cook time: 2 hours + overnight chilling time of the dough
Ingredients for the pie crust:
- All-purpose flour: 2 ½ cups
- Cold salted butter: 1 cup
- Salt: ½ tsp.
- Sugar: ½ tsp.
- Cold water: ½ cup
Ingredients for the Filling:
- Pumpkin: 500-700grams
- Condensed milk: 200 grams
- Eggs: 3
- Milk: 2 cups
- Green cardamom: 2
- Cloves: 2
- Cinnamon: 1 stick
- Nutmeg powder: ½ tsp.
- Salt: a pinch
- Salted almonds for topping
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into tiny cubes and gently add it to the flour.
- Massage the flour and butter with your fingertips until the flour gets completely coated with butter.
- Add small portions of ice-cold water with a tablespoon in batches and combine the flour into a dough.
- Work till the dough is well combined. Do not knead the dough.
- Wrap it in cling film and refrigerate it for about an hour or overnight.
- Roll out the dough while dusting it with some dry flour.
- Place it over the pie dish and press the sides well with the help of a fork.
- Cut the pumpkin into small chunks and bake it at 180 degrees C for about 30 minutes to 45 minutes or till a toothpick can easily pierce the pumpkin.
- Cool and scoop out the flesh.
- Boil and simmer the milk with the spices for about 30 minutes. Let the milk reduce to a cup.
- Blend the pumpkin puree, spiced milk, condensed milk, and salt.
- Add in eggs and beat well.
- Pour this on the crust and bake in a preheated oven for about an hour or till the filling is set. Set the temperature to 180 degrees C.
- Remove from the oven and top it up with salted almonds and serve.
Pro tip: Classics need a lot of patience and time. Quick and easy pies can be made with cracker crumbs or shop-bought pastry.
Grandma’s Chicken & Mushroom Mini Pies
made with fresho! organic salted butter
Cook time: 455 minutes + 15 minutes for preparation
- Boneless shredded chicken: 250 gms
- Mushrooms: 250 gms
- Flour/Maida: 30 gms
- Organic Salted Butter: 30 gms
- Milk: 200 ml
- Black Pepper: 5 gms
- Fresh Cream: 20 ml
- Oil: 5 ml
- Add oil to the pan, after the oil gets hot, add chicken and mushrooms.
- Cook till water evaporates.
- In another pan, cook the butter and flour together, and add milk to the mixture.
- Add pepper, salt, and the chicken, and mushroom mixture.
- Cook till the mixture thickens and then add cream and let it cool.
- To make the base, mix all the ingredients together, adding water at the end.
- Knead it into a dough.
- Make small balls and roll them into small circles.
- Line the cupcake moulds with the dough and fill the cooked mixture.
- Cut rounds with the leftover dough and cover the top of the moulds.
- Glaze it with the beaten egg. Bake at 200’C for 20 mins.
You would agree when we mention how surprising it is that these truly fancy-looking dessert recipes that taste divine can be prepared using readily available ingredients.
Try these recipes and ensure you earn the ‘Fancy Dessert host’ tag in your circle!
Love the recipes and will try to make . These things make my Easter 🐇 more happening and cheerful ❤️