Ever imagined chickpea flour/besan to be something more than just a base for making delicious dishes? Well then let us enlighten you that it can do wonders for your skin and hair too. After all, it is an age-old beauty secret! Keeping this as a key ingredient with a mix of other elements, let’s try out a few blends to enhance one’s beauty naturally.
Besan for skin…
This goodness is known to improve the quality of the skin, lighten dark spots and more…
Zinc is one of the elements in besan which helps in fighting the acne-causing bacteria.
• Mix besan and turmeric powder to the ratio 1 : 3.
• Add one teaspoon honey and lemon juice each to the mixture.
• Apply the paste on cleansed skin and let it dry.
• Rinse with lukewarm water.
This mask, when used regularly, helps in treating acne and fade away the marks. You can use it two times a week for a clear face.
The gram flour helps soothe and tone skin thus brightening and lightening the face.
• Mix 4 teaspoons of besan and 1 teaspoon of raw milk.
• Add one teaspoon lemon juice to the mixture.
• Apply the pack on your face and scrub it gently in circular motions till dry.
• Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Tan is a common problem which people would love a remedy for. Include besan in your tan removal pack and notice an instant difference.
• Take 2 teaspoons of besan and add a pinch of turmeric powder to it.
• Add 1 teaspoon each of lemon juice and curd to the mixture.
The vitamin C helps in reducing the pigmentation, while the curd helps moisturise your skin.
Tired of having an oily face? You’ve found the best remedy to get rid of it. This flour helps to control the sebum secretion on your face and gives you a flawless skin.
• Take one teaspoon each of gram flour and curd or raw milk.
• Make a smooth paste and apply it evenly on your face.
• Let it dry for about 20 minutes.
• Rinse it off with cold water.
Facial hair removal
Yes, you heard it right! Besan is used to remove facial hair and reduce its growth when used
consistently. Use this pack twice a week and banish that unwanted hair from your face.
• Take 1 teaspoon fenugreek (methi) powder, besan and 1 tablespoon each of curd/yoghurt.
• Make a fine paste and apply it to the required areas.
• Scrub the paste off while washing it with water.
Dry skin remedy
If you tend to have dry skin or dry patches on your face, gram flour can help you obtain baby soft skin. This mask not only helps to moisturise dry skin but also lightens the complexion.
• Mix equal parts of besan and turmeric along with 1 teaspoon milk cream.
• Make a thick paste and apply it all over your face or wherever the dry patches exist.
• Let it dry completely and wash it off with cool water.
Besan for hair
Chickpea flour cleanses the hair and helps stimulate hair growth…
If you’re tired of using your chemically loaded shampoo and looking for a change, gram flour being a natural hair cleanser can be included in your hair care routine. A perfect blend of besan and water is the solution.
• Take enough gram flour according to the length of your hair and add water to make a thin fine paste.
• The paste should be able to cover your hair entirely.
• Leave it for about 10 to 15 minutes and rinse it thoroughly.
Click on the ingredient to buy it: Besan/ gram flour.
Promote hair growth
If you’re suffering from hair fall or baldness and looking for a hair growth booster, besan is your buddy!
• Take equal parts of besan, yogurt, and almond powder and to it add water to make a thin paste.
• You can also add 2 capsules of vitamin E to the paste.
• Apply evenly on your scalp and let it dry.
• Wash the paste off and repeat 2-3 times a week.
Dandruff can be annoying as it keeps coming back due to the dry or unhealthy scalp. Worry not, as using besan can help prevent dandruff and itchiness.
• Take ample amount of gram flour and add water to make a paste of medium consistency.
• Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice to it.
• Apply the paste evenly on your scalp and let it dry.
• Rinse with lukewarm water.
• Apply this paste 1-2 times weekly on your hair depending upon the severity of dandruff.
If you have dry, dull and brittle hair, using gram flour can help you revive them and make them softer and more manageable.
• Mix 2 tablespoons of besan, 2 teaspoons of honey and 1 teaspoon coconut oil.
• Add water to the mixture to make a fine paste.
• Adding an essential oil into the mix can be optional.
• Wet your hair and apply this mixture on your scalp.
• Leave it on for a few minutes and rinse it thoroughly with lukewarm water.
For best results include this ingredient in your DIY masks to achieve gorgeous skin and hair.